Can I Drive My Car Without Ac Compressor

Even if the system has oil in it the oil is carried through the system along with the freon. If the clutch doesnt work properly you will still be able to drive your car.


Car Ac Compressor Stays On All The Time

Many cars use the AC when you set it to defrost to help dry the air inside to reduce fogging up the windows.

. My AC compressor clutch is toast and I have not driven my car for a while now due to it. You wont get far with a broken belt. Can i drive my car with a bad ac compressor.

However IF that has not been done - seek hands-on inspection that includes this test. How long can I drive my car without the ac compressor working. My mitsubishi galant 2001 AC compressor has broken it burnt the belt entirely off.

I have seen it so many times on vehicles where they just dont use their AC. I took the belt out when I was troubleshooting the problem and the car runs great without it but I dont know if I will cause some damage to other. If the belt runs anything else like the alternator you can not.

Two belts run off that pulley. Now my AC does not work nor does the power steering. Joined Jun 24 2008.

You will be fine as long as you dont need or want AC in your car. The air conditioning belt and the alternator belt. As to driving without it you can do that forever.

I wanted to know if I take the AC belt out can I drive the car around until I buy another compressor. Thursday November 29th 2012 AT 346 PM 1 Reply RANDY B EXPERT Depends on why its not working. Without a compressor you will need a bypass pulley and special length of belt.

50 MPH air conditioning os just fine. 2 Dec 27 2010. Okay I cut my belt off and havent taken the ac compressor off yet because its too cold outside.

However if your AC compressor doesnt work you wont have cold air coming from your vents. If the compressor is locked up it can lead to a shredded serpentine belt. Can a car drive without an air compressor.

Only show this user. If its just not blowing cold air you can drive forever like that. With no freon the compressor clutch will not engage therefore the compressor in your situation should be just fine once the system is repaired and recharged.

The idea of all cars having air conditioning is a fairly recenet one. A bad compressor could affect the engine in your car. The refrigerant also cycles the compressor oil so.

Alex Sign in to reply douglasbyrd65 on March 12 2018 Its has one belt that runs around everything but the belt is still on the ac compressor. Share Improve this answer answered May 31 2015 at 1919 jabby 1 1. Up to 8 cash back So to answer your question no.

The only thing you have to do is hit the ac button and it will. It will spin freely until you turn the air conditioning on. Your car is not safe to drive since the air compressor is operated by the same drive belt as the remainder of the engine serpentine belt.

As far as driving it I would remove the relay for the AC compressor this will keep the clutch from engaging so it will be fine to drive use the heater ect. For some cars there are replaceme. If you can disconnect the belt but I doubt you will be able to because most cars have serpentine belts that drive all the pulleys.

Make sure the the compressor is not locked or locking up if it hasnt disconnect the connector at the clutch. Jumper out the low pressure safety switch or switches. The pulley just isnt on the ac compressor.

Clutchless variable displacement piston compressors and compressor lock up. Some cars not Kia can have a compressor bypass pulley installed forget the compressor. Click to see full answer.

Without a compressor you will need a bypass pulley and a special length of belt. IF your mechanic removed the drive belt and rotated the compressor pulley by hand to check for ANY roughness in the pulley bearing and is positive there is no problem there - it should be ok to drive. You will be fine as long as you dont need or want AC in your car.

There is a low pressure switch in the AC system. Youll be able to drive for a while to a garage or somewhere you can work on it but the battery will die eventually as its not being charged and the car could overheat as theres no coolant being pushed around. Because the AC compressor has seized this could cause the belt to lock up other components resulting in major engine damage.

Your AC pulley is a free spinning pulley that has a clutch on it. You just dont want to use the AC system without any refrigerant in it - that could harm the compressor. My 89 Toyota pickup didnt even have AC.

Pulley mount about 75 on internet and a couple local mechanic to remove old install new pulley. You will need a bypass pulley and a special belt length. Answer 1 of 2.

No harm will come from driving it. Compressor will self destruct. If it has a seperate belt for the ac compressor and nothing else then you can drive.

Even in 72 when I bought my first new car AC was an option not common to orddinary non-luxury cars. Without any refrigerant to carry the oil the compressor will see little to no oil and will seize up in a short while. Click to see full answer.

If the clutch doesnt work properly you will still be able to drive your car. Cb474 May 22 2012 527am 8 Thanks for the idea about the alternator. I do not want to spend the money on a new AC compressor so I am wondering if there is a way to drive the car without the compressor but with power steering.

Can a car run without an air compressor. If the clutch and or pulley of your compressor is good you can continue to use the car without a compressor without any problems. If your compressors pulley bearing goes bad your engine can stall due to the stuck compressor or the serpentine belt may break affecting all the accessories moved by the serpentine belt.

If the clutch andor pulley on your compressor are okay yes you can continue to operate your vehicle without any issues without a compressor you will need a bypass pulley and special length of belt. I will leave the ac fan on there to help cool the car when I put the front mount on. Just remember to put the relay back in when you get to the shop to charge it.


Signs Of A Failing Air Conditioning Compressor


Can I Drive My Car Without Ac Compressor How To Install Ac Compressor Autovfix Com


Bad A C Compressor Symptoms And Replacement Cost In 2022

No comments for "Can I Drive My Car Without Ac Compressor"